Sunday, January 30, 2022

Muscle Weave 200G 100

 So, I found this one in online e-com. I never know this one existed, Dunlop Muscle Weave 200G 100. It is an extended one 27.5 inch long, 18x20, 100 sq inch head. I had a long chat with the seller making sure the condition of it. The seller has two of them but one of them strung weirdly 18x21 and from my experiences buying old racquet, the grommet is one of the concerns. Gladly, I bought it because the second one also was sold when I wrote this. I got the racquet and as usually, I trashed the grip, it only has over-grip without the grip, the handle was sticky from old residue from using towel grip. The butt cap was old, the plastic was soft and I had to glue some that ripped with superglue. I cut the string and noticed the top grommet feels like it was burned probably to smooth it out but it made the plastic soft and the string stuck at two holes. It was pretty hard to take the string out but managed to pull them. The string might be too thick for that racquet. It also had paint job on the Dunlop letterings and paint chips. From TW specs noticed the high swing-weight so I put a leather grip to lessen it. Strung it with 17g old stock Gamma syn gut. Played on Friday without over-grip. MW100 felt soft and powerful. Won 2 sets. No complain probably due to new string. The power and control was good. Easy overhead and serves due to extended? 

The racquet weight without string and grip at 288 grams. Weight with leather grip at 315 grams. Strung probably around 330-335 grams.

Makes me wanna try other extended like CX 200+. 





No comments: