Thursday, April 15, 2021

Racquet finder (con't)

I am going to continue the post, I wrote about my racquet line up. The last time was on Prince Tour 100L. 

In 2018, I bought another Pro Staff 97 v10 as a backup for the first PS97. This racquet is now been sold at 2/3 of its purchase price. As mentioned in the previous blog, I had wrist pain from using this racquet and moved on to other arm-friendlier racquet.

In 2019, I bought a brand new old stock Head Youtek Radical OS at a bargain (half off from $189). I put a leather grip on it but kind of made it too big with overgrip and hurt my thumb. As of now, I put back a synthetic grip and played better. The grip was Head traditional rectangular grip so a leather grip made it one size up. With a tight string pattern (18x19), the strokes are flat, swing easy, good power. Currently with technifibre syngut 16g.

In early 2020, I was then browsing online and found a used Prince Textreme Warrior 107. New Prince racquet is rare in Indonesia, so at about half off a new one ($80), I bought it. The racquet is great at slicing but still not be able to maintain the power, may need spin a friendly string. It does not need dampener because already muted from the big headsize and thick frame. 

After several weeks not playing due to the pandemic, I found that the Pro Staff 97 gives me wrist pain. I actually felt it for a long time, I sometimes wear wristband day after playing with it which I thought was normal. But then, I read tennisnerd where he mentioned about the stiffness of PS97, it had me thinking to try others, especially player's racquet.

I remember a friend was selling Wilson Ultra Tour, I regretted not buying it because having fun with PS97. He mentioned that the UT was very low powered. But, then he told me that he is trying to sell Dunlop CX 200 Tour 18x20. Then, I read about it and was interested but at the same time I found online, someone selling the 16x19 version. So, I bought the 16x19 version at secondhand price around $80, the racquet is like new and clean. The 18x20 comes with some knicks and scratch but overall good. These racquet plays similar but very lighthead that it needs lead, most of the shots landed short and a bit unstable on stock. My current setup for both are around 3-4 grams of lead at 12 o'clock.

After that Dunlop, starting reading and found a seller selling brand new old Dunlop racquets. First, I bought the Hot Melt 200G, for around $15, which is heavy and low powered. It is so soft that it needs leather grip. The price was bargain, so I bought another one (might sell the unstrung one). 

Then, I bought another Dunlop, Aerogel 300, for around $50, just for trying but turns out, it is my go to racquet now. With current setup 3 grams on 3-9, synth grip, rubber dampener, and spin friendly string, the power and balance are just right, not too light or heavy. I have another one for spare. The tinny feel is there and with leather grip, it send shocks to my pinky. 

Bought a Prince Blade 107, for $25, might be an asian version of Precision Lite 107, in purple. Lend this to a friend for use.

I just myself another Dunlop, Biomimetic F3.0 Tour which have not strung and will see how it goes.

[to be continue]


No comments: