Thursday, October 01, 2020

String types (and gauge)

I dont really tinker the string much, I feel that tennis performance is as follow, racquet choice is 90% while string is 10% or less. I have tried syn gut many times, multi several times, and poly once. The only time, I hurt my arm from using poly, I have then stop using it. So, I did some readings and the result for the different types are based on the following categories (see below table). My take is that I have been using syn gut since the early days. On the gauge, I used 16 on open pattern and 17 for tight pattern.

Type Power Spin Stiffness Other
Multifilament HighLow Low Loose tension fast
Soft on the arm
Less control
Syn Gut Med Med Med Loose tension moderate
Depends on tension
Med control
PolyLow High High Loose tension fast
Need low tension
High control





No comments: