Monday, October 05, 2020

Dunlop Hot Melt 200G and CX 200 Tour

I just bought a brand new old stock, Dunlop Hot Melt 200G. The unstrung weight are 322g. I changed the grip to leather and strung it up with Prince Syn Gut Duraflex 17g at 50lbs. Played with the HM on Friday night, it felt good: plow through yet plush. Afterward, I hit with CX 200 Tour 18x20 and the CX felt so light. The next day, I weight them (HM and CX) and added 3 grams to the CX to make the balance the same. I weight them and about the same at around 345-350grams. Played using the CX on Sunday and the racquet changed from low and flexible to more plow, more power (not over) though not as plush, more modern feel, no need for 2 handed backhand because the power already there. Take away, HM 200G is such a gem, a bit on the heavy side but could be pro stock none the less. Picture below: leaded CX from tennisnerd.



No comments: