Monday, August 31, 2020

Continue: CX200 CX 18x versus Pro Staff 97

Last friday in indoor setting playing doubles, I played with Dunlop CX200 18x20 and Wilson Pro Staff 97. I opt to use the CX200 as 1st choice. I tend to stay away from the PS97 to avoid agravating my wrist again. Played the first set with CX200, trailing 1-5 but then closing with 6-7 loss (opponent rate was same as ours). After the 4th game at 1-3, I noticed the ball was flat and ask for a newer balls. During warm up toward the second set, I used the PS97 because the warm up balls were flat. On the second set, again trailing at 1-3 and closing with 5-7 (opponent with higher rating). In the last set, noticed the ball was flying powerless especially on backhand and high volley when using CX200, I used the PS97 again. I figured that it was the last match of the night and the opponents have higher rating than us. Using the PS97 the ball had more zing on serve, forehand, slice, and volley though I have to be careful not to overhit it.  The result was a win (partner played better than 1st match), 7-6 with me at serving. 

On sunday, I played two set, both with CX200. In the first game of the first, after changing to fresher balls, noticed the CX200 played better. After a shaky start, we closed the first set with 6-3 trailing from 1-3 (we were rate higher). In the second set, we had a tight game ending at 6-5.

So, it all depends on the condition of the ball and court, might used CX200 or PS97. PS97 is better at low and fast volleying but heftier on overhead. And while playing with PS97, I missed this racquet cosmetics, the red, the silver lettering.



No comments: