Thursday, August 20, 2020

Singles game and low powered racquet

So yesterday, I played a singles match with my routine tennis partner using a low powered racquet, Dunlop CX 200 18x20. I was hesitant at first due to its low powered nature since I did not have good doubles game last weekend with the same racquet. The difference to the racquet was that I trimmed the lead a bit on that racquet to make it feels like my 16x19 version. The 18x version had newly strung 17g syn-gut at 53lbs. Compare to the 16x that has multi string and probably need replacement, the 18x is most likely to be lower powered but better at control. What I noticed with the 18x version was that the ball is so low powered that most likely the ball will fall inside the service area and will not bounce high. Looking at the video review from TW, TE, and even TN, you can see that the balls fell not far from the service line. So, I had to embrace this, I guess I was so accustomed to play more powerful racquet like Pro Staff 97 and Six One Team. The result of the match was better that what I was expected: 6-1, 7-5. In the first set, I lead 5-0 before the opponent won a game. The second set was tight, even trailing 5-3 before finishing 7-5. I had a lot of defensive backhand slice and I tried to hit more angled cross court because the ball will drop quicker. Now, just wanted to change to 16x version with fresher string. Below are links of CS 200 18x review and picture of another low powered racquet that I would love to try (Ultra Tour):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6fyMRjSVKw&t=189s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXazYNfhWus&t=188s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-FBCpcq9oo&t=216s


No comments: