Monday, June 22, 2020

String selections (Syngut vs Multi)

So, i have two PS97 with one strung with syngut (16g) and the other with multi (17g). Previously, I had both strung with multi, but changed one to Syngut (Prince 16) due to lack of control. After not playing for about 2 months due to pandemic and fasting month, I played again. Bringing the PS97, I started with the multi for warm up and then change to syngut. Played better with syngut because of better control from wider string and tension still holding up. Two days after, I played again this time with the syngut but then due to bad strokes, my wrist tensed. Then, i used the multi which I felt softer on the arm. I never had wrist problem using PS97 before but then this happened. The message was, multi definitely softer than syngut and PS97 can be stiff too. I thought of lay low the PS97 and try easier racquet for a while.

No comments: