Monday, July 04, 2022

KBI Tenis Tournament Jun 2022

 So, in June 25, I participated in tennis tournament. It was a one-day tournament. The tournament is Davis cup ala playoff group. There were 4 groups and I captained one of them. Mostly were beginners or early intermediates. My team (B) consists of (1)me, (2)Abi, (3)Ferdian, (4)Laras, (5)Reno, and (6)Rafa. The team member was picked based on strongest to weakest. Played both games with T100-2.

My target was to get some win for the teams, so here was my strategy:

- original pairing was 1-2, 3-4, 5-6. However, player 2 and 3 knew each other so I pair them up and then me with player 4. 

- strongest pair to play first to get win early.

The first group game with me and Laras played against team D player Eric (2) and Bey (3). The pairings were pretty closed and started 2-2. I served first to get some games early on. I knew the opponents would strike my partner and I had to close the nets. The set ended with 6-4. The second pair won and we are through to final.

The final was against group C. We played the same pairs. Me and Laras played against Ari (5) and Evan (6), they were pretty well matched up. The opponent had a long game in the first match. Halfway down the sets they started to pick on my partner in which I had to close down the nets. We had two deciding points served up by opponents after two deuces. We started 5-1 before opponent tactics to pick on my partner. We won the sets 6-3. The second pair also won and we won the tournament.

In the end, the opponent teams set up the captain to play last but we had different strategi and worked.




No comments: