Sunday, December 13, 2020

A racquet makes a difference

 The other day one of my regular session mate asked me, compare to how I played 6 years ago, he said "you have improved a lot". Then I said, "found the right racquet". 

So, what changed? I have to admit that ever since I use Pro Staff 97 v10 in 2017 my game changed. But the racquet has changed too. When I first started using it, still has the original grip but added two overgrips (one thick and one thin), the bevel feels very round. I remember the racquet being heavy but has good plow through, no arm/wrist pain though. In 2019, I changed both with leather grip. In 2020 with new string Prince Duraflex Syngut at 55lbs, I got wrist pain from using this racquet. I use to play with this racquet everytime especially when playing tough opponents. 

I have now opt friendlier racquet when playing, but less powerful than this one. Using this racquet, when you hit properly: proper forehand, proper backhand, proper volley, it felt good. However, when you hit on transition at the time when you need to adjust your wrist, that is when you feel it; I dont feel when using other softer frame.



No comments: