Monday, July 27, 2020

CX200 18version review

Due to the bargain and the rarity of the racquet, I decided to bought another CX 200 Tour but in 18x20 string pattern. It came with a Yonex poly strung at 47lbs. Since I want to try it over the weekend, I changed the string and restrung it with SynGut 17g at 53lbs. Tested it over the weekend and the results were good. Played 4 doubles game over period of 2 days, winning only one game. Compare to the 16version which I have not restrung it, still has the multi it came. The 18version with freshly string played well, spin was good, serve was good, volley was low powered (same as 16version). They, the 18v and 16v basically played slightly the same, as tennisnerd mentioned. I originally, was seeking Wilson Ultra Tour that a friend offered about a year ago but I had no arm problem at that time, so I skipped the offer. As summary, the 18v with new string felt good, spin, slice, overhead, vibration. Compare to PS97, CX200 is more comfortable given the overhead of lobs since I mostly played with slicers dicers and lobbers. The only problem with CX 200 is the low powered volley, other than that, no complain here.


No comments: