Thursday, November 29, 2018

Poly string

So I made a gamble last week by bringing only one racquet, the six one team (SOT) with poly string. The string was wilson spin cycle that has cutting cross of a triangle strung at 55. The racquet perform well the week before after I played two matches indoor with PS97 which are heavier (maybe the weight just fit and it was a hot night). With SOT I can strike faster thus not as much late as before. So what happened was that after just a few hits, my arm could not bear the shock, I was hitting using the wrist movement. After the first game, I hit with the racquet and found that the sweetspot was now below the head mid point, so afterward I am for it but it was such a small sweetspot. So, I read about poly and with a full poly, I should have strung it at 10% lower maybe at 55 or lower. Plus, I read that about what happened when string goes dead. I never thought about dead string before, but when it goes dead, it hurts your arm. And so, I replaced it with a syn gut and see how the SOT will perform again. #tennis #racquet #sweetspot #poly

No comments: